Work for us
Check out our available positions
Job title 01: Captain – full and part-time positions available
We are looking for professional, efficient, and punctual captains who are courteous, happy and enjoy being on the water daily. The captain should be able to dock and hold his boat at a pier in a professional manner making the embarkation and disembarkation of passengers easy and safe.
In between trips, you will be responsible for the cleanliness of the boat and for performing refueling and maintenance tasks as needed. The position also has a lot of interaction with passengers so good communication and customer service skills are needed.
The Captain reports to the office on all matters pertaining to the operation and maintenance of the vessel and the performance and well-being of the crew. He keeps the office informed at all times of incidents, and problems pertaining to the vessel, the crew, and the passengers. We operate a drug-free work environment and this position will require participation in a random drug and alcohol test program.
You will need to be available 6 days a week and able to work weekends and holidays as required.
- Safe and proper boat handling of ‘twin-motor’ vessels which ferry up to 50 passengers.
- Adhering to all Coast Guard rules and regulations.
- Perform appropriate navigation procedures at all times.
- Strong focus on customer service.
- Must give guidance and direction to crew members and ensures that they comply with all regulations and perform their duties efficiently and safely.
- Strong focus on safety and the ability to communicate best practices to passengers and crew.
- Be cooperative and pleasant with all the employees and personnel
- Must perform preventative and ongoing routine vessel maintenance.
- Inspect company-owned vessels and keeps a log of hours and fuel levels.
- Other duties as assigned
- 5 years marine experience preferred with two years as captain with an outstanding record
- 2 year(s): Captain with an outstanding record
- Licenses & Certifications Required
- Boat License
Job Title 02: Deckhand
Successful Deckhands will personally contribute to unforgettable passenger experience, while also being swift and efficient in the execution of their assigned duties. A deckhand will help and facilitate the embarkation and disembarkation of passengers and their luggage. You will need to be able to handle lines to moor vessels to the pier and also stand watch in the boat in order to look for obstructions in the boat path or possible dangers.
Job Duties & Requirements:
- Provide exceptional hospitality to guests and coworkers.
- Must always be actively looking for ways to help passengers, captains, and other crew.
- Follow safety procedures in order to ensure the protection of passengers and vessels.
- Assist Captain and supervisory personnel to maintain vessel and its equipment.
- Maintain the cleanliness and safety of the boat.
- Sweep, mop, and wash down decks and exterior to remove dirt, and debris, using brooms, mops, brushes, and hoses. Gather and remove trash from the vessel.
- Load or unload passengers luggage with care not to damage anything inside them.
- Load or unload materials from the vessel as required.
- Other duties as assigned by the Captain
- Prior experience working on boats would be helpful.
- A boating license would be a bonus, but not required.
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Energetic and enthusiastic personality is essential
Job Title 03: Boat Ticket Seller and Information Provider
Must have amazing customer service with a smile. You will be interacting with boat passengers offering help and selling boat tickets. Must have the ability to make change,
manage cash drawer and use credit card machines. You will be standing and sitting for extended periods and will work rain or shine. You will be offering free information about boat tickets, Conceição do Jacarei, Abraao and other areas of Ilha Grande, while also using sales techniques to close sales.